You're invited to a ferret group get-together and cook out.|
Saturday, May 2nd 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Where: Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue, Acworth GA
What: We'll be grilling out chicken and anything anyone wants to bring. Bring food or drink items to share.
(No children under 12 please.)
Please RSVP with # of people coming and what you'll be bringing.
Please consider bringing donations of supplies for the rescue (good quality paper towels, Charmin strong toilet paper, styptic powder, liquid bandage, 13 gallon drawstring trash bags, ferret food: Marshalls and 8 in 1 Ultimate Crunchy, night light bulbs, Boingo ball cat / dog toys, Cuz dog toys, flexible tubes, chicken baby food.)
Please "Like" our Facebook page by clicking HERE and be sure to add us to your newsfeed. There are daily updates and a lot of interaction along with pictures and information on available ferrets. Please tell your friends too!
Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue is a ferret shelter operated by Debbie Whorley in Acworth, Georgia. We are based in a private home where our ferrets are free roam. The shelter is a result of years of ferret experience! This is a no-kill shelter, meaning that no ferret will ever be killed because there are too many.
- Dedicated to promoting kindness to animals, people and our planet.
- Surrenders accepted
- Adoptions and Foster Homes
- Ferret supplies sold
- Ferret Education
How to Help
To help wth the rescue, you can:
Downloadable flyer: HERE
- Make a donation through Paypal to: email@example.com
- Mail a check as a donation
- Pay towards the rescue vet bill at 770-386-2362
- Sponsor a rescue ferret for as little as $5 per month. Schedule a monthly payment through your checking account or Paypal account – firstname.lastname@example.org ($11 pays for a ferret’s food for a month.)
- Register your Kroger card info and the rescue receives a percentage of any Kroger purchase! https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards Choose recipient - Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue.
- Shop on-line through www.igive.com and the rescue gets $5 for each sign-up and a percentage of any orders made! Or, download the Button, iPad and Android apps for iGive.com and it automatically activates at participating stores. Choose charity - Kindness Matters Ferret Rescue.
- Register with Amazon Smile and the rescue receives a percentage of any Amazon order! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/45-4482882. Choose charity – Kindness Matters.
- Order food or supplies or buy a gift card from www.Ferret.com. Food and supplies always needed: FerreTone, Marshalls, 8 in 1 Ultimate Crunchy, ZuPreem.
- Foster a rescue ferret! (The rescue pays for medical care.)
- Get Scout troops interested in the rescue for volunteering or sponsoring!
- Donate supplies: Good quality paper towels (Viva preferred), Charmin strong toilet paper, Dawn, newspaper, bleach, free and clear laundry detergent, Oxy-Clean powder stain remover, used or new ferret supplies, Zep concentrated carpet solution gallon (Lowe’s or Home Depot), 13 gallon cinch tie trash bags, horse pine pellets, Grizzly salmon oil, ProBios probiotics, liquid hand soap.
A big THANK YOU goes out to all the friends of the shelter who have donated resources and time throughout the years. Without this help, all these sweet little fur babies would not have a place to rest (and play!) while they look for their forever homes.
A lot goes on around here, and it's not just looking for things the ferrets have hidden! Education is a big part of being a shelter and rescue. Ferrets are neat little (complicated) creatures and there is a lot to learn about them even before they join your family. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions, I'm here to help.